But then I thought, what if the camcorder hadn't been under warranty period?
Getting it repaired then from Sony would have actually cost a bomb (at least for me!). This gave me an idea and I searched on the net for people who provide camcorder repair. I did manage to find a few good sites but I'm going to mention the one I found best.
Video One Repair has been providing repair services for Sony and Canon Prosumer camcorders since 1994. They offer the following advanatges:
- offer free estimates within 2 business days
- free return shipping even if you don't have your camcorder repaired.
- 6 month guarantee on not just what was repaired but entire camcorder.
- A toll free phone no. for technical support.
- quick turnaroud time - most repairs are completed within one week.
They specialize in repairing professional Sony and Canon camcorders. In thier own words, "We are a camcorder repair shop that specializes in repairing Prosumer Sony and Canon camcorders." For more info, visit their online shop itself at videoonerepair.com!